Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Things You Can Learn on the Interweb...

There is a lovely article in the NYT today about the comic strip "Peanuts." I never loved "Peanuts", but I have deep respect for it. The article is about a new exhibit that matches the music that Schroeder was actually playing (as evidenced by the notes appearing above his head) with the symphonies those excerpts are from.

What caught my eye though, had to do with the sense of taste, not hearing. (Quel surprise, no?) It mentioned that Charles Schultz had lots of books about Beethoven and knew lots about him. Including his favorite food. Which was, I kid you not, macaroni and cheese. (Though the article, for some reason, calls it "macaroni with cheese".) Who knew they even had macaroni and cheese in Beethoven's time?

You can read about the rest of it here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/14/arts/design/14pean.html?pagewanted=2&em

No comments: