As I was putting things back to rights in the living room tonight, I happened to look in one of the little decorative boxes I seem to have acquired so many of over the years. There were four slips of paper with words on them. I will share them with you here, just because...
The first was a fortune cookie fortune. I used to save every fortune I got and write the date and place I got it on the back. This one had no annotation however, just lucky numbers on the back. It says, "He who takes notes listens well."
It seems strange to me that I kept that, since I rarely take notes even when other people are, but maybe that was my point to myself. I'm not sure I believe it though.
There were also two heart-shaped post-it notes with forget-me-nots around the edges, both with song lyrics. Bonus points to whomever can let us know in the comments whose songs these two quotes are from:
"Remember the tin man, who found he had what he thought he lacked."
"Oh, you broke it. Now, you bought it. So, you might as well use it while you got it. Do what you want to do."
And finally, my favorite was clearly from a tea bag tag, probably Yogi tea. Remember when I used to drink caffeine? It says "The One who can rotate the earth for you, can take care of your routine." I love that. It makes me feel calm and safe and like I can breathe again after not noticing that I'd been forgetting to do so. Know what I mean?
This has been another episdode of "Lucky Fresh reacts to random bits of wisdom." Hope you enjoyed it. Join us again soon, as LF looks into another tiny box, or even (heavens!) eats more chocolate!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment