1. It probably won't still be Tuesday by the time I think of ten things.
2. I've been blogging for almost 2 months now, and my average is more than one post a day, I think.
3. Today was one of those days when I seemed busy all day, but it didn't feel like I got very much done.
4. I did help some very public figures avoid embarrassment from a ridiculous mix-up, and I can't even talk about it because it's a secret. Can you see how that would lead to not feeling accomplished?
5. There ought to be grants to keep Habitat affiliates from having to foreclose on families that lost their jobs. We had a board meeting tonight, and it was super depressing. We're not foreclosing, yet. But the day may be coming.
6. I learned a fun song yesterday called "Bei Mir Bist du Schon" (only with an oomlatt on the last O).
7. When I have too much to do, the thing I am most likely to do is nothing.
8. Clergy taxes are ridiculously hard to get quickbooks to understand.
9. The marvelous grapes from Costco are officially gone, as of tonight. I ate them like a mad woman, which seemed greedy. But we were all well aware that if I'd gone more slowly, the statute of freshness would have expired and they would have gone to waste. It was lovely while it lasted, and now I miss them. But the last loose ones I ate tonight had to be closely inspected for mold on their stem holes. By tomorrow, it might have been too late. Ick.
10. I didn't have very much interesting to say this evening, but I like the idea of Ten on Tuesday, and you can't very well do it on Wednesday, so oh well. And it looks like I made the midnight deadline!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love Bei Mir Bist Du Schon! One of my all-time favorites.
The Habitat situation makes me sad. As does the economy as a whole. :(
We pay clergy tax experts to do our taxes -- it's worth every penny.
Yeah, actually it's not my taxes that we're trying to get done -- it's my W-2! It would help if we had a treasurer who truly understood quickbooks. But they're getting there.
Now that I have it (wrong though it is) I will whisk it off to my accountant to figure out. He's the fourth, and hopefully final accountant I've had since I moved here, but he's married to a pastor, so I think we'll keep him!
Post a Comment