Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ten on Tuesday -- "Can You Feel a Brand New Day?" Edition

This is my first "Ten on Tuesday," which I've been told by other bloggers is just a list of ten random things that you post on a Tuesday. My, how humans love alliteration!

1. I was slightly confused for a moment when my alarm went off this morning, but then before my brain formed the word "Tuesday", my heart said "It's Inauguration Day!"

2. The song in my head this morning is "Can You Feel a Brand New Day?" from "The Wiz". Seems appropriate. Or at least, much more appropriate than some of the things that could be in my head!

3. I'm going to go watch the show at the City Meeting Center with my fellow citizens.

4. I'm also going to take two small, beautifully chiming bells I got from my grandpa, because I heard that churches are ringing bells right after the swearing in. I don't have an outside church bell, but I've rung these inside church before.

5. I am supposed to be singing at two events in 3 and 4 weeks, and I'm really behind at practicing for either one.

6. I am really glad the sun is shining this morning, even though the temp is 28 degrees.

7. I wish there were a degree sign on the shift level of the numbers on a normal keyboard. Do we really need that caret thing on top of the six key?

8. About 40% of the time I hear fire trucks from my house, I wonder if the church is on fire. This consumes too much of my time since the house, the church and the fire station are within 4 blocks of each other.

9. I love Cheerios. And I'm going to go eat some very soon, with my dairy milk.

10. I just figured out yesterday that the January 21st on which I have to be at Committee on Ministry all day is the same January 21st on which Sharon Watkins is going to be preaching the National Prayer Service. That kind of stinks. But I can watch it later. Or maybe appointment number one will cancel... (just kidding!)

5 comments:

April said...

Oh, curses to you for putting that crazy song in my head! Now I'm remembering the arm motions, your sparkly blue outfits and Dave McClure and Marc Colclasure being perpetually offbeat.

Have a good brand new day!

Matthew said...

Lucky Fresh, going after the caret--which is a bitwise XOR operator and can be used to mark the beginning of a line in regular expressions--now you've gone too far! :-) And yes, it's a brand new day!

Anonymous said...

April - that's totally the vision that I got, too.

Lucky Fresh said...

April, ldp is really KDS, if that helps.

And of course I was doing the arm movements too! But I forgot about the awful blue sparkly outfits. Why do you suppose we wore blue? It's still a great song though. Very compelling...

What I remember about David was that his arms wouldn't go straight up, supposedly because of his pecs.

Terry said...

Just read your post and quickly switched to CSPAN to get the last half of Reverend Watkins sermon. It was wonderful. Hope to see the rest of it on a re-broadcast. Thanks for the kind comment on my blog.