Friday, January 23, 2009

An Incredible Drawing of the Meta-Physics of the Inauguration

The cover illustration of this week's Nation magazine is touching, fraught with history and great fun all at once. In it, John Mavroudis shows the many saints of the Civil Rights movement (very broadly defined) gathered 'round while Obama takes the Oath of Office from Justice Thurgood Marshall. (I bet he knew the words!)

It's a little annoying to figure out who everyone is online, as you have to scroll up and down repeatedly. But why not try to see how many you recognize first, and then look them up? I got my paper copy in the mail today; it's a keeper. I'm hoping they will be making this one into poster form as they have previous covers.

(I'm not sure that link will stay good after a week or so, so let me know if it's not working.)

No comments: