Wednesday, May 27, 2009

'Twill Be a Bit Quiet Around Here

For I will be in meetings the next few days, at our denominational headquarters, in a stupid, over-priced downtown hotel that doesn't provide free internet access. Meanies.

Anyway, for going away on a trip, I'm feeling remarkably together. I'm supposed to leave in ten minutes. I'm packed. My house is as clean as it's been in ages. I even remembered to make new nectar for the hummingbird feeder, which is currently cooling in the freezer. So the only thing I have left to do is fill and hang the feeder.

I am sad for my cat, who will be all alone the next few days. Sweet Girl will come to feed him, but she doesn't really have time to hang out. He'll survive though, and by Tuesday, he won't even remember he was ever abandoned.

I think things are together at church. I have a fair amount of that kind of church work to do yet while I'm gone. (One devotion to write, one memo to write up and email, class to prepare, sermon to write.) But I think it will be fine.

I am hoping and planning and praying that I'll go salsa dancing on Thursday night. I really, really need to do that. Even if it requires taking a cab, I think it just needs to happen.

I had a pretty major epiphany about some dynamics at my church last night. Some stuff that explains assessments of my ministry style that have always seemed a little bit true, but mostly over-wrought. So it will be interesting to talk that through with some colleagues this weekend.

So here I go, to the meeting that probably won't be that bad. And salsa dancing!

Have a great end of May! Ciao!

No comments: