Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May I Vent?

So my day started too early when I took a parishioner to the doctor in the big city (hour long drive) and then we came home without seeing the doctor because nobody had told her she was supposed to pick up and bring her films herself. I'm taking her back Thursday when I have to go to a meeting anyway.

Then I found out that a certain someone did not do what she was instructed to do yesterday and certain someone, of course, will not answer her phone to explain why.

Plus, another parishioner is trying to run things by sending the pastor bossy emails.

And at our Habitat Board meeting, there were horrible, depressing stories about people we have to foreclose on because they're just not doing it, and other people we should, in theory, foreclose on but haven't because they're doing the best they can. It so sucks.

Oh, and the lectionary scriptures are starting to get really, really boring and repetitive. So I'm making up my own for Sunday. Or, I should say, choosing my own. I write hymns, but I don't really have the authority to make up scripture. I did, in the process of all that, remember that last year, I re-wrote "Alleluia! Sing to Jesus!" so that all the annoying parts are replaced. But I don't think I can make them sing my words two weeks in a row.

At least we had a good time in Bible study talking about the four horsemen of the apocalypse (who are already here and have been all along, by the way) and the scary, locust/scorpion/horse beasts that kill with smoke and fire and sulfur.

The most amazing thing in the book of Revelation: When the seventh seal is opened, "there was silence in heaven for about half an hour." That is so weird and cool and mysterious. Is it a sabbath reference? Or did John's listeners need a potty break?

No comments: