Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Small Victories

So remember a while back when I was whining pre-emptively because I finally had two good local friends but they were both about to leave (well, within six months)?

Well, now one of them might not. My walking buddy who was in an interim position now has the possibility of staying on as the interim. (And yes, she knows all the reasons why that might be a bad thing, blah, blah, blah. It's a thoroughly dissected decision.)

The crappy part for her is that now her role has changed and they're now in a five-month period of discernment. Which basically means that she is having a five-month long job interview. But we're pretty sure they actually like her, and didn't just think they liked her because they knew she was leaving. At least, we hope so.

I'm happy. Because my exercise habits were going to wither after October otherwise!

Unfortunately, I still have to work up enthusiasm to be happy for my dear non-church friend who's still moving to Boston for grad school. I guess you can't win them all!

No comments: