Obama's financial reform bill passed the Senate today. John Nichols, of The Nation, has a helpful review of the bill and comments from people who voted for and against it. (He clearly wrote it in a hurry though, so read with mercy if you're a proofreader.) Obviously, it doesn't do everything it should. But it does a lot more than was happening before. Interesting that Scott what's-his-butt from Mass voted for it. And I'm glad Feingold voted against it. Someone had to hold the outer edge by making the point that it's not as strong as it needs to be.
In other good news, the newest cap that BP put on their busted well is apparently keeping oil from gushing into the Gulf. Many people are skeptical that BP is telling the truth, and I even saw someone suggest that there's another leak somewhere nearby that's a bigger problem, but really, this is good news.
Both of these things happened while I was taking a nap today. Clearly, this is a sign that I am supposed to take more naps.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment