Monday, July 5, 2010

And Now a Word from Some Other People...

You knew I wouldn't get through the month without posting some links to fill my daily quota, right?

And since I only have 17 minutes to make the July 5th deadline, I'd better do this fast!

Paul Krugman had such a great column that it got quoted as the headline on the Huffington Post. The line they liked was "coalition of the heartless, the clueless and the confused." It's not a bad line.

Frank Rich's Fourth of July musings on race in America are also very worth reading.

And finally, because I've been trying to encourage participation, perhaps someone could read the whole of this four-page article on a new economics book and comment on it here. The first page seemed interesting, but I got distracted and never got back to it. The authors studied 60 some economic crises over 800 years of history. My impression is that there were remarkable similarities, but I may have come to a conclusion way too early in my reading. The book is "This Time Is Different" by Carmen M. Reinhart and Kenneth S. Rogoff. He likes chess.

Enjoy!

No comments: