Perhaps I will start a tradition of posting a recipe each December that my lovely readers can use for their Christmas parties. Since I posted one last year and I'm posting one now, I guess we can call that a tradition.
These cookies are quite possibly some of the easiest this side of buying pre-made dough. Which means some of you will think they are too easy, since they use a mix. Well, when you're making five or so different kinds of cookies at once, I say who cares? They are very tasty and look rather festive. I suppose the difficulty is when Pillsbury stops making the mix. Then this recipe will seem really dated. But for now, it's lovely.
If you don't have pretty cookie presses, it's worth the extra effort to find a glass with a design on the bottom. I got a great solitary punch cup with an awesome sunburst on the bottom at our Habitat Re-Store last week.
CRANBERRY SUGAR COOKIES
1 package of Pillsbury Cranberry Quick Bread and Muffin Mix
3/4 cup butter
Granulated sugar
Soften the butter and blend it into the bread mix.
Form the dough into 1 inch balls.
Roll in granulated sugar.
Place on sprayed cookie sheet and press with designed glass bottom.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Cool for a minute or two on the cookie sheet and remove to a wire rack.
Make three dozen cookies (so you might want to double it!).
ENJOY!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment