I have been thinking a lot lately about that thing that Virginia Woolf said about having a room of one's own. I know practically nothing about her and her work, but I'm pretty sure she was talking about what is necessary to write.
And she's right. This blog has been very quiet lately, and it's been because I haven't had enough room in my own brain to actually write anything. We've been visiting with family, and it seems that when that's happening, the extra space that I require for putting words into cyberspace doesn't exist.
It's not that there haven't been bloggable thoughts popping up, just that the psychic energy to write them down has been channelled into other things.
This makes it all the more amazing to me how people who have children ever get anything like writing done. At all. Ever.
Anyway, if I have an excuse for ending the year with a less than one-a-day average blog rate, that is it. No room in the brain inn.
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment