Monday, August 24, 2009

Personal Responsibility

So today, I decided to take Personal Responsibility for my health. As you know, I have been walking 3 miles a few days a week with a walking buddy colleague. That is good, but I knew I could do better.

So today, since it was so nice out, I decided to park my car a couple blocks away from the office when I went to work. (And no, I don't usually work on Mondays, but this week is different.)

I made sure to park in a 2-hour parking space, so that I would have to take a short walking break every couple of hours. Two hours later, I came back, drove around the block, and parked in a different spot a couple spaces back.

So I had two lovely, outdoor walks today, in addition to my indoor 3 miles.

Now, why couldn't I just leave my car at home, which is also about 2 blocks from my office, and go out at some point and walk around the block? I suppose I could have. But I didn't.

You see, a few days ago, I taped a sign into my back car window that says "YES, I want, support and DEMAND a PUBLIC OPTION for Health Care Insurance." And the 2-hour parking place where I rested my automobile today happened to be right in front of my congressman's local headquarters.

Haven't decided if I'm going back tomorrow, or if I'll wait till Wednesday and keep them guessing!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Oooh, that is guerrilla. Keep it up!

longdistancepunner said...

Awesome. Do you have a second car and or a different colored sign? Then he might think there's at least 2 public-option supporting people close at hand!