Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Haiku to Get You Through

So yes, I have a lot of reading to do this week.

Unfortunately, I am being aided in staying focused by the fact that the internet is out at home, and my tech guy is out of town. I think the modem needs to be replaced, and I'm not going to have time to deal with that till at least Monday.

And, as I just discovered, not only do I not like the idea of blogging at work, my computer here doesn't seem to like Blogger very much.

So it may be a little quiet around here for a while.

But here's a haiku, inspired by last night's reading, for you to hold onto.

Poor Revelation:
A joke with punch line explained
amuses no more.

The point being that Revelation made sense to its original audience, but because we don't have the same familiarity with the references stored in our brains, it has to be explained bit by bit, and like a joke, loses its impact through that process of dissection. Sad, sad, sad. This idea came from the WKJ Commentary by Catherine and Justo Gonzalez.

No comments: