So as of yesterday, I'm on vacation.
As of three weeks ago, it's been almost continually cloudy, partly-cloudy, and rainy most of the time.
But yesterday, the first day of my vacation, it was sunny, pretty much all day long.
And I slept in till noon.
Was that wasteful? I think some people would say it was. Some people, of course, would always consider sleeping in wasteful. But I suspect there are others who wouldn't find it a problem if it was a dreary day. But to sleep through sunshine? I can see how, from a certain perspective, that could seem sinful.
On the other hand, the one I like to stand on, I think you could see sleeping through sunshine as a sign of trust. I know that the sun will come back, that it will be sunny again. Taking a nap or sleeping in on a sunny day can be a sign of trust in God's goodness and providence.
On the other other hand, it's cloudy again today. And I miss yesterday a lot, and I sort of wish that I'd enjoyed more of it. Oh well.
The sun'll come out tomorrow!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment