The other day, as I was driving in traffic in the big city, I ended up a few cars behind a bread delivery truck. The slogan on the back said "Baked While You Sleep!"
Hmmmm... I thought. Yes, it probably is. I am a notorious sleeper, both in quantity and timing.
But I got to thinking about those words, and the phrase "baked sleep" arrived in my mind. "Baked Sleep," like Baked Alaska or something.
It reminds of the many times in college when all I wanted for lunch was a nap. Do you think Baked Sleep could make it as the next trendy dessert? What would it be made of? For some reason (probably because of Baked Alaska) whipped creme or meringue is coming to my mind.
Then again, despite how much our sleep-deprived culture craves rest, I'm not sure Baked Sleep would make it as a dessert. There might be conflicting desires there. Dessert is frequently associated with coffee and pretty much always involves sugar. Those are things that supposedly stimulate us, not bring us rest.
Would this dessert involve chamomile or tryptophan? Almonds have tryptophan; maybe they should be a key ingredient.
So what do you think? Can the Trendies resolve the conflict craved rest versus dessert's normal role as stimulant? Can the mere reality of indulgence overcome that? Would you want to eat something called Baked Sleep? What would be in it? Or is there another form of preparation, other than baking, that you think would be more fitting for a dessert called Sleep?
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment