She's written an open letter to the President.
What I love about Anne Lamott is that she just says what she means. And she's funny. I like funny.
As Holly Near says in a song about another president, "I'm tired of being smooth. I'm tired of being nice. I'm tired of making it sound all pretty." Anne and I are tired of Obama being smooth and nice and trying to make it all sound pretty.
It's time for some good, old-fashioned class-warfare, for Pete's sake! Sure it's wealth redistribution. That is how we save our souls. "Sell all you have and give the money to the poor." "Go and do likewise." "I was hurting and in trouble and you helped me."
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing this letter. I just forwarded it to the White House and my agreement with everything AL said!
Post a Comment