1. I want a tomato cam. The guy who takes charge of the flower bed at church decided to plant tomatoes there. He's put in 12 plants and erected a sign that says, "Hungry? Pick 1 or 2. Eat and Enjoy. I made them for you. Yours Truly God." Or something like that. I just think it would be cool to be able to track growth and consumption on our website.
2. I really, really, really want to add a comma to the sign between the words "Truly" and "God". The only reason I haven't yet, I think, is because it's been SO HOT.
3. The governor of South Carolina is missing. Or he's not. It's not very clear. Is he hiking? It does seem to me that if his wife hadn't been told what was up, she'd be concerned. The whole thing raises interesting questions about what is required for certain positions. Does he have to be physically available? Is that a legal requirement? Did something push him over a weird edge that made him run-off? How is he planning to finesse his re-appearance? My guess is that if they'd thought of that last question, they wouldn't have handled it this way in the first place.
4. I do not like classic rock songs with really long guitar riffs. I don't even really like the word "riff". It sounds like it's trying too hard.
5. Sometimes I need to eat vegetables. I blame my parents for the ways in which my body takes care of itself, like rejecting sugar cereal as a good thing and craving vegetables on a fairly regular basis.
6. On the other hand, I have an unusually strong penchant for having a box of kleenex in every possible room, which is a great example of unintended reverse psychology on their part. No, toilet paper is not just as good for blowing your nose.
7. Today was one of those days when I had to get a lot done, and I did, just not the right stuff. It was full almost every moment, and I barely got the newsletter started, which means tomorrow is going to be a very long day.
8. I got one of the most wonderful compliments ever last week, from someone I respect deeply. When I was laughingly admitting that I know I talk a lot in group settings, she assured me that it was because I have a lot to say and that she's never seen me cross that line (the one where you're just talking and not saying anything). That meant more to me than she'll probably ever know. Unless she reads this blog, which I doubt. If so, THANKS!
9. Did I mention that it's super HOT here? I haven't seen my hummingbird for a couple weeks, and I'm wondering if that might be why. That, and the fact that his juice went too long without being replaced because I was out of town. Does anyone know about hummingbirds and temperature?
10. I had a marvelous anniversary (6 years Sunday) dinner last Friday at a restaurant we'd never been to before. It started with a double shot of juice made from Granny Smith apples, ginger and celery. It was super tasty. I would like some more, please.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it's awesome that your body cries out for vegetables, and also think that the tomato plants & sign demonstrate partly why. Tomato plants in the church garden with a sign of love from God = pretty cool and reflection-generating. Boxes of sugar puffs with sign indicating "free, take one," not so much.
I added the comma yesterday.
Post a Comment