There's been a lot going on in my brain lately. You might think that would lead to more blogging, but as you may have noticed, it had the opposite effect.
When there's too much going on, I seem to get pretty quiet on this blog. First of all, there isn't much time to write. But mostly, I think it has to do with the balcony effect that Ronald Heifetz writes about. When things are busy, it's hard to get up on the balcony to see the big picture and reflect on what's going on.
Which could be a good reason why a blog is good for mental health. Because, in theory, a blog forces you onto the balcony, and it's important to be up there on a regular basis, so that your life isn't just speeding along without you.
So, dear readers, while I have felt no small amount of guilt at abandoning you this week, I am not sorry about that guilt, because it's also a sign of abandoning myself, and that's not good. Guilt is useful if it prods us to action. Otherwise, not so much.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment