Saturday, February 21, 2009
Equity
I am not going to blog in detail about bailout programs, but let me just say one thing. Nobody gets to complain about helping people who bought houses they couldn't afford unless they're going to make sure that bankers and industrialists who drove their companies into the ground don't get any help either. Otherwise, I'm going to call it class warfare. So there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well said!
Totally! Let us not forget that it was those banks who let people get questionable mortgages in the first place so they could profit from them. Not to say that people should just get such loans willy nilly, but I have little doubt that a fair number of people thought "Well, if the _bank_ says I can afford this..."
As the NPR ethicist said yesterday, when people go to ER, they aren't asked if they were hurt because they did something stupid. When the fire department is called to put out a fire, no one asks if the homeowner was careless with matches.
Post a Comment