Monday, November 30, 2009

Some Interesting (?) Birthday Statistics

Of the 354 total posts in its first year, Crème Anglaise has included 112 links to articles, of which 46 had extended commentary beyond just explaining the link. That is a little less than 1/3 of all the posts.

There have been 15 posts that included original poetry. That's 4 percent. I am surprised that there has been any poetry at all, but I think I was also expecting the percentage to be higher.

One of the most important lessons I have learned is not to start grand projects that I can't finish in one sitting. Will I ever finish "Highly Personal Thoughts about Race"? I kind of doubt it. On the other hand, I'm supposed to be in the process of writing a chapter, more or less on that, for a book, so maybe you can read it there.

Another thing I will point out is that Crème Anglaise LOVES comments and the readers who leave them! I know there are some of you out there reading silently. Please say hello once in a while so I don't keep getting that awkward feeling you have when you say something and no one responds.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Alright, I'm here for some LOVE-in'. Happy Birthday, Crème Anglaise!

Lucky Fresh said...

Thanks so much, love!