I hope, by now, you've become a little invested in the progression of my gingko tree through the autumnal season. Because I'm going to tell you a little more about it.
When I got home from two days out of town, the green half had entered almost total yellowness. Remember, the green half was the part closer to the house.
What that means is that right now, the gingko tree is practically replacing my alarm lamp. As soon as the sun comes up, there is this incredibly bright thing right outside my bedroom windows. Seriously. It's almost bright enough to wake me up. It's amazing.
But I'm also aware that the ground is beginning to get covered with a yellow carpet, so soon it will be time to rake. I usually do that once my relations up north have had snow on the ground for weeks. We'll see.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment