Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ten on Tuesday -- Sleepy Edition

1. My blogging brain doesn't seem to have been all that awake lately. Even now, I'm not sure I'll get to ten 'cause I feel so sleepy.

2. Is alliteration just an aural thing, or is it also partially visual? I contemplated making the title of this post "10 on Tuesday" but I think something is lost when you write it that way. Odd. I do not think the same is true of assonance (repeated vowel sounds in the middle of words) or consonance (repeated consonant sounds in the middle of words).

3. Today seems to have ushered in an era of good-byes. I found out for sure today that my spiritual director, Sister Gerry, is moving to Philadelphia to re-vamp her order's retreat center there. And my dear, local, non-church friend is about to move to Boston. I leave next Tuesday for 2 weeks and she'll be gone before I get home, so even the good-bye will be anti-climatic. Sigh.

4. I got a lot done today. That is unusual for a Tuesday, as I'm usually trying to get back into the swing of things and I usually get interrupted a lot. Today, as I recall, there were not that many interruptions. And I had a bunch of stuff in my head that got onto paper, to prepare for being gone for two weeks. There's a lot that has to happen before I leave.

5. There is lots of good energy at church right now. Good stuff with children's ministries and our evangelism team. And new visitors. Yay, God!

6. My walking buddy is back in town, and we're walking together, but I went by myself this morning, since she couldn't go today. I think some discipline may have snuck into my life, but I'm not complaining.

7. Space travel and exploration is one of those things that I'm a little embarrassed I don't have stronger feelings about, but I just don't. On the other hand, it would be cool to experience a lower level of gravity. I'd go to the moon for that.

8. The tomatoes should be getting ripe any day now.

9. I get to see my newphew in less than two weeks. And my niece, whom I will get to take to the pool. Yay!

10. My congressman sent me an email today insisting that House Democrats are preparing a "government take-over of health care." My senator sent me a letter yesterday warning that the Democrats are trying to put government between doctors and patients. What they don't seem to get is that most of us would vastly prefer having the government in that slot to having a for-profit insurance company that is not accountable to voters there, the way it is now!

No comments: