I hated having that annoyed and angry post right there at the top, so I'm checking in to say I'm feeling much better this morning. Sometimes sleep really does make a difference.
There is a lot to juggle in the life of ministry. Add the rest of anyone's life and it gets downright complicated. I don't know how people with kids do this at all.
When I was contemplating entering ministry as a single person, I wondered if I should get a dog. A dog would have forced me to go home and feed it and take it for walks. (Unlike a cat, which might miss you, but not really.) I didn't, but I can still see the utility of such a thing.
It's important to have things in your life that draw you away from work, especially when you have a job that so easily consumes your entire brain and heart with hesitation.
I'm going to go wear my new black skirt to work now. I finally found something in my closet that will go with it, but it took some doing.
I think I've figured out why I'm feeling so disatisfied with my wardrobe lately. We haven't had a church yard sale in over 2 years now. I used to get a big selection of cheap stuff that way on a regular basis. Maybe I should organize a clothes-swap among the young adults or something...
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you feel better! It was restrained as far as blog emoting goes. I thought sure you'd drop a self-healing f-bomb or two after the news about profanity as a pain reducer.
Post a Comment