I like summer. I probably like spring better as a season, but there are things I love about summer. And abundant fresh fruit is one of those things. I love sweet cherries and cantelope and grapes and peaches and nectaries and raspberries and blueberries and probably some other ones too.
I used to buy fruit and then be sort of strict with myself about eating it. It's expensive, and I knew I couldn't afford to have as much as I could eat. So I would only let myself have a little at at time. Sometimes that meant that the fruit would cross my probably arbitrary it's-been-here-too-long-to-eat line before I finished it. What a waste!
I have a new philosophy now. These days, if I feel like binging on fruit -- eating mostly dark cherries for dinner, for instance -- I 'm going to. When it's gone, it's gone. I don't have to buy it any more often. I just enjoy it more when I have it, because the sense of scarcity is gone.
I recommend the Summer Fruit Binge. It's good and good for you!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just had a second apple in honor of this post. I'm going to try to follow your recommendation to binge on fruit more; it's no doubt a better snack than some of the other items I settle on.
Post a Comment