This is, in many respects, going to be a big year. My congregation is turning 125. We are celebrating 30 years of women in leadership. I will be turning 35. Lots of things are slated to happen. So, some guesses about the year.
1. Things will be very different a year from now. That is, more different than they are from a year ago right now.
2. I will not have a much clearer sense of what happens next a year from now than I do now, despite my feeling that I should.
3. Some things that are not now very clear will be clearer.
4. People might stop asking me when I'm going to have children. (Doubtful.)
5. The country will grow more accustomed to having Barack Obama be the president and settle down. (Hopefully.)
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment