There is a silly little game I like to play sometimes. (No, it's not the Preposition Game. That game isn't silly. I'll explain it to you all some other time...) It's the "There Are Two Kinds of People in the World" game.
Mostly, I think this game, like many games, is a way for people to express things about themselves to others, thus deepening relationships.
It goes like this:
I say something like, "There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think it's cool when digital clocks say something like 12:34 or 11:11, and those who don't care."
And then everyone decides which kind they are, and some of them might not even fall into either category, which sounds like it defies the premise of the game, but it doesn't really matter, so you keep going.
(You can actually even skip this step where people put themselves into the categories because it's not really the point. The point is that I think it's cool when the clock says 12:34 and now you know that about me.)
Then the next person says, "There are two kinds of people in the world..." and finishes the sentence with whatever sorts of categories they want to make up. And so on.
It's a very silly game. Obviously, there are a lot more than two kinds of people in the world. But I think it's fun anyway.
So if there were two kinds of people in the world, the ones who play this sort of game and the ones who don't, which kind are you? And do you think it's cool when the clock says 12:34?
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There are 2 kinds of people...those who actually read whats in front of them and those who are so busy galloping to the end that they don't actually notice the detail (ie, what teh clock ACTUALLY said) till afterwards....
Post a Comment